[X4U] Open .pps

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu May 16 17:21:17 PDT 2013

On May 16, 2013, at 12:28 PM, cat wrote:

> If one does not have Keynote, will Libre Office open .pps?

I just tried both NeoOffice and LIbreOffice with a PowerPoint slideshow file created in PowerPoint.  I didn't change the file name extension from ".pps".

Both worked perfectly.  (I dragged the file onto the icons for the programs.)  Even the animations, music, and advanced screen wipes in the slideshow worked fine.

I suspect that any OpenOffice-based program will open and display a PowerPoint slide show perfectly.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html