[X4U] Open .pps

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Thu May 16 18:06:36 PDT 2013

At 17:21 -0700 5/16/13, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>On May 16, 2013, at 12:28 PM, cat wrote:
>
>>If one does not have Keynote, will Libre Office open .pps?
>>

>I just tried both NeoOffice and LIbreOffice with a PowerPoint slideshow file created in PowerPoint.  I didn't change the file name extension from ".pps".
>
>Both worked perfectly.  (I dragged the file onto the icons for the programs.)  Even the animations, music, and advanced screen wipes in the slideshow worked fine.
>
>I suspect that any OpenOffice-based program will open and display a PowerPoint slide show perfectly.

My son just sent me a Power Point presentation and is upset because I can't read it.

The extension on the filename is .pptx  and I'm pretty sure it was just sent off as an attachment on a Windoze box.

Open Office on Ubuntu is the best I have and it works not.

--
--> If you are presented a number as a percentage, and you do not clearly understand the numerator and the denominator involved, you are surely being lied to. <--