[X4U] Installing OS X: upgrade vs "nuke and pave?"

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Mon Jun 23 17:11:29 PDT 2014

On Jun 23, 2014, at 3:44 PM, Wayne Wilkin <macsys at mac.com> wrote:

> Ya, it may take longer, you have to reinstall everything, just far worse problems upgrading. Think of all the crap that's just lying around never being used, obsolete prefs files just crap. Your dragging stuff from maybe X6 all the way to X9. Look at some of the files or prefs, cache's, etc,

see, that's my thinking, too…perhaps the Upgrade/install method is for people who prefer convenience over a rock-solid OS experience?

to me, upgrade and install is one of those ideas that looks great on a cocktail napkin, but ever since the public beta I've heard the squealing and lament of those who did and were very sorry for it...