[X4U] mail client app issues

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Mar 4 13:23:55 PST 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 1:17 PM, "stephen e. schwartz" <ses at bnl.gov> wrote:

> Let me chime in here; actually maybe I can get some suggestions from this group.

There's a lot of meat there, Stephen..are there specific questions you have? I know many people are not happy about the demise of Eudora.

I have less than no desire to use Outlook. The Mail.app alternatives I would even consider, in order, are:

1. Thunderbird
2. Gyaz Mail

Gyaz gets a number 2 only because of how it handles some aspect of mail..might be imap..a change made to how it handles that. I do not recall exactly but it pushed me to Thunderbird. Otherwise, Gyaz, IMHO, is first-rate.

Here's some hard data: after 3 hours of fooling around with mail.app I still couldn't get it to accept my email account settings.

Thunderbird, I had configured and ready for business in less than 3 minutes.

No lie, no exaggeration.

cat