[X4U] Mavericks performance

Peter Sealy carpet3 at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 4 13:51:56 PST 2014

The Incoming Messages counter is completely useless. It might say 10 of 32 but only 1 arrives. Or none. Some messages just do not download. I know this because I can see messages on my iPad which have never appeared on my iMac. Also I can see them on my ISP's webmail. Which shows that my ISP's mail server has no problems. Just the other day I received a large message (I have the size parameter set to ask me before downloading large emails) I clicked on Download and I could see the download occurring but the message did not appear in any mailbox. I have suffered many disappearing messages. 10.9.2 did not fix this problem for me.

I also had non-scrolling in Mail.app. and the constant checking for new messages regardless of whatever I set in prefs. Both these were fixed by solutions from posters to the Apple Discussion Forum. I do not know if 10.9.2 has fixed these.

I can of course access all my incoming messages by webmail or iPad but it is a real pain to have to search around just to see all my mail. And am I really receiving ALL my mail.

I am now going to explore another mail client.

Oh, I am sending this reply from my iPad because your message did not appear on my iMac.

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA