[BTM] Upgrading from the T68i?

peter ashworth aaaashy at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 00:52:25 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 07:30 AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Hi, i've been using iSync with a T68i for quite some time and for the
> most part it works.
>
> Rather than believe all the marketing hype from Apple I'd like to know
> if the newer line
> of Ericsson phones perform flawlessly with iSync. Specifically the
> T610 and the Nokia 3650.
>
> Do these phones work with iSync just like the T68i in terms of
> reliability?

the t610 syncs like a dream

however, as i have mentioned before there is no conduit control of the
passage of information, so my 1200 address AddressBook can only d/l 512
addresses to the t610, resulting in only a partial address book on the
phone, with NO ability to decide which addresses go where

and if i delete an address on the phone to allow, say a new callers
number, then the deleted number will be deleted from AddressBook next
time i sync

so i tend to do all the syncing initially without the t610 connected,
sort out prefereces on the palm and mac, and only then add the t610 for
it's own sync

i have written to both apple and sony ericsson without any answer from
either

i guess this sort of problem will happen with all phones, but it's very
annoying, and frustrating that if i want to carry all my phone numbers,
well then it's the t610 + my palm

peter