Motorola A835 and A920

Orjan Larsson orjan at sm4tfe.com
Fri Dec 5 06:40:56 PST 2003

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 05:05:24 -0800
> 1) Motorola phones, bluetooth and iSync
>    by Mike Reddy <mreddy at glam.ac.uk>
>

>From: Mike Reddy <mreddy at glam.ac.uk>
>
>Anyone know whether the motorola video phones with bluetooth a835 for
>definite, but possibly the a920, will be iSync compatible soon. All
>the
>apple stuff only refers to the usb motorola phones. I only ask
>because
>I am after a video phone, but one that I can use with iCal, etc. via
>bluetooth...

Here in Sweden, Motorola refers to Tre (Three) for A920, since its
specially developed for them.

Tre (Three) essentially tell me, several times over, that they care
zero about mac OS X today, and will do nothing. Despite me pointing
out that A920 is am Symbian 7 phone, and how easily iSync et al works
with Symbianphones from Nokia and SonyEricsson.

There have been some hack out there, with one coming a long way, but
not complete, to fix syncing over USB. I hope there will be some final
hack when (if) Three UK releases officially an firmware for the A920,
which supports bluetooth.

Do not know about A835, Tre (Three) here havent cared much about that
in Sweden, until just recently.

Sure do not like that attitude, and hope Three in other countries
fixes support for OS X and A920.

(On a brighter note, Sendo X will support iSync, I was told
unofficially. If that requires an newer iSync or not, I do not know,
but Sendo had an nice attitude, no problem getting info from them)

sincerely

Orjan Larsson
Sweden