I need help choosing a Bluetooth Phone

Andrew Currie me at andrewcurrie.ca
Fri Dec 12 07:18:34 PST 2003

Michelle,

This is slightly off-topic for the list, but if you're getting out of a
Rogers contract I strongly suggest you take a look at Fido. You don't
have to sign up for any contracts and can get the T616 at a discounted
price with a new activation. In fact, Fido gives you fifteen days to
return the handset and cancel your service if you're not happy.

Another reason to go with Fido is their City Fido service, giving users
unlimited local calling in Vancouver, and eventually throughout Canada.

As for BT phones, the T616 works great with my Palm Tungsten and 12"
PowerBook. You should also look into this must-have program:

http://www.macmedia.sk/pa.htm

If you're hoping to connect your PowerBook to the Internet with your BT
phone, I wouldn't bother. The connections I've tried yield speeds that
are barely usable.

Hope this helps,

Andrew