[BTM] I need help choosing a Bluetooth Phone

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Fri Dec 12 07:27:22 PST 2003

On 12/12/03 10:08 AM, "Martim Weinstein" <emdub at mac.com> wrote:

> I've had a T39, T68i, P800 and am about to receive a Z600. The most
> compatible with my mac and BT is a tie between the T39 and T68 (that
> I've used). The T68 has a very slow interface that drove me nuts. I
> actually changed back to the T39 at a point... The T68 actually also
> gave me quite a few "keyboard" problems: a few of the keys stopped
> working. The T610 I've heard is even more compatible with everything
> than the T68. The Z600, I've read, is the same as the T610 but with
> better reception and a better screen so I'm looking forward to that.
> The P800 does a lot... too much actually, including filling a pocket
> and emptying a wallet. ;-) ...it's also not 100% compatible with my
> mac... damn symbian thingies...
>
> Between the choices you present me, I'd go with a T610, but I'd look at
> the Z600... the price is VERY similar on this side of the Atlantic. On
> that side I think it's called a Z610 or something... it's a clamshell
> design with big screen and big keys.

I too was disappointed with the T68i's performance and considered upgrading
to the T610/T616...until reading this review:
<http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=492>

Now I'm a VERY happy Z600 user. I don't know if any US or Canadian carriers
are offering it yet, but I got an unlocked one from gsmphonesource.com,
where the price continues to fall ($399.99 US today).

Following up on another post of a few weeks ago though, I have NEVER been
successful in getting any iCal events to synch up to either my T68i or my
Z600 using iSynch. Address Book synching is flawless.

Mark