[BTM] Z600 and the Mac.

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 16:20:01 PST 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 22:46, David DelMonte wrote:

> As I'm focused back on the Z600 again, can you guys tell  me the mac
> compatibility with this phone?
>
> Address Book? iCal?  iSync? incoming caller ID info?
>
> ALSO, what's the recommended BT headset?
>

> Thanks. Learning a lot from you all.
>
> David

I've just gotten one last friday and so far I'm VERY happy with it.
Synced seamlessly with my mac and Tungsten T. I'm using iCal and
address book to manage the info and syncing it all through iSync using
mostly Bluetooth but sometimes USB for the Palm (it's faster and more
reliable to install stuff on it). I change stuff on all three devices
and they all end up having the same info on the next sync... maybe I'm
just lucky because I've heard of some weird stuff going on with some
users...

Address book works very well except one thing, when I get a call or sms
I would think the caller ID or SMS window should come to the top but it
doesn't for me. I think it used to with my old T68 so maybe I'm missing
something here... Salling Clicker is also a must have application.. I
love coming into the office and having iTunes start playing... it's
also good at home when watching a DVD hooked up to the TV and having it
pause automatically when you get a call besides being able to control
the computer from the couch.

Two negative points on the phone: thickness and screen on a VERY bright
day. It's actually thicker than the P800 (the one I had before) and the
youre just barely able to see the screen on a bright day. Other than
that, excellent phone... plus I got a Panther theme to go along with
it... :-) It's actually a very complete and good theme.

Message me offline or on iChat if anybody wants it... emdub at mac.com

As for headset, I didn't get a chance to test my HBH-30 on it cause it
just died. :-( It doesn't turn on, charge or anyhting. Must send it in
for repair. :'-(

-mw

UNIX is user-friendly ... it's just selective about who its friends are
!!