[BTM] Tungsten

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 12:58:56 PST 2003

I find it difficult to believe that the problem is coming from the
adapter because it works perfectly with my mobile phone: I can send
files to it and Address Book works fine with it sending SMS, dialing
and answering. So the problem seems to me (I'm no expert) to be
software based. The Palm seems to activate something that the Address
Book has no need for that causes the panic. Something I found odd was
that after uninstalling Palm software and then re-installing it all my
preferences for the Palm desktop software seem to have been kept as
well as all the data. This leads me to think that the uninstall that
the original CD does is not a full uninstall, or at least some  the
preferences seem to be left behind.

I've just tried Bruce's advice of setting up another account on my
computer, installed Palm Desktop on it and tried to sync. The result
was the same: Kernel Panic.

Re-installing X is not really an option I'd like to consider. I did
that recently after a HD crash and only now, after 3 weeks do I have
the system where I want (like) it. I have a ton of stuff that I REALLY
dread having to install and configure again (like 6 printers, internet
and LAN configs for 3 different places, color calibration for 3 of the
6 printers etc.) Plus I like a custom look so I've substituted almost
every icon on the system... thats a pain to do again.

What I'm going to try and do is setup another Tibook and see if the
result is the same. This might take a few days... I need to convince a
friend of mine I'm not going to screw up his system! ;-)

-mw

Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?