[BTM] How to make TCP/IP Mac to Mac connection?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Jan 9 14:49:20 PST 2003

Olivier,

I might be wrong (someone please correct me if I am) but isn't BT too slow
for an internet connection?(I don't mean the occasional cell phone dial up
but for hard core everyday use? I thought the max was 1Mbps which I think
would be too slow for network or internet connections? compared to Airport
(11Mbps). My personal concern would also be that while Airport is like a
lorry truck on a motorway and only switches lanes once in a while the BT
connection is comparative to a motorcycle and weaves around all of the lanes
quite often...and (this is my fear) crashes once in a while...certainly more
than the wifi system (when talking about networking or internet)

It seems that you have some very, very nice kit, is there a reason to use BT
instead of Airport for this or are you just experimenting? If you just had
not realised it then I would suggest airport for the internet/networking.

only my two pence but I hope it helps nevertheless.

Regards,

Richard