Bluetooth file swapping between two macs - not discoverable!

mreddy mreddy at glam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 10 07:55:46 PST 2003

I have a G3 B&W and a DVD iBook (toilet seat) running 10.1.5 with Bluetooth
preview 2 installed. Both have the D-Link Bluetooth dongle

However, neither can detect the other, using pairing or the Bluetooth file
transfer application. Both are set as discoverable, but I get no devices
being detected. Any ideas?

I do not have any other Bluetooth devices to check the modules with, but
both are correctly recognised by the parent machine when inserted in the usb
sockets.

Mike