[BTM] But do you need a special ISP for connection through mobile?

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Sat Jan 11 03:06:51 PST 2003

I'll tell you about my experience since you don't even mention in what
country youre in or what ISP or MSP youre talking about...

I'm in Portugal, my mobile serveice provider is TMN and I've got a
Ericsson T39m. I activated the GPRS and Data service with my Mobile
Service Provider (took 24 hrs.) and then all I did was go to Ericssons
site choose my details and I got sent a SMS configuration file. All I
do now is configure the computer to connect through BT to the phone
(did this once, only) or configure my Tungsten to connect through the
phone (more usual). I don't think these services are ON by default so
you will probably need to activate them through your MSP.