P800 reaction with new updates

Martim Weinstein emdub at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 11:59:11 PDT 2003

Just instaled all the updates and started testing:

First made a back up from the P800 to my Tibook creating a .vcf file of
my contacts. Then went ahead and pressed sync to see what happened. It
went reasonably well taking into account I've been adding adresses and
numbers etc on both the computer and the phone. Out of 150 contacts it
duplicated about 50 because of small differences. It gave me a bit of
work deleting the redudant information and finding out which contact
was the more relevant one. Took me about 30 minutes. At least I haven't
lost any information... that I've discovered so far. At least no "-"
instead of spaces and letters like "ã, ò, à, é" appear correctly.

I was disapointed that iSync is still not syncing my calendars with the
P800. Apple says "Coming Soon". That could be a week, a month or a
year... oh well.

Address book is giving me an error on the phone though... as I press
the BT button, the phone displays a message: "Comms frame error".
Anybody know something about this? I love the function of receiving
sms's and phone call info directly on my screen and being able to dial
directly from the computer as I did with my T68. Is it just me who is
having problems with address book?

-mw

If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?