[BTM] Best Bluetooth Phone FOLLOW-UP

Dan Frakes Dan at Frakes.org
Fri Mar 14 11:27:37 PST 2003

mindspring <jffdcksn1@ mindspring.com> wrote:
> Thanks KOZAK for the thorough summary; seems like the T68x is not nearly as
> beloved as I'd suspected when I first posted my question.

I think you're seeing a few comments from people who have a WIDE range of
experience with a LOT of phones.

For those of us who don't have access to, or haven't had the time to work
with, every model on the market, the T68i is a great phone. It's small and
extremely light, the reception is good, the feature set is very good, and
the Bluetooth/Mac support is the best on the market. Someone mentioned not
liking the buttons, but I personally like them better than on some other
phones I've owned. For me, the only "feature" limitation is the address book
not storing mail addresses, but I can live with it. (The fact that it
doesn't do polyphonic rings like some of the newer phones doesn't bother me
at all ;) )

My only major complaint with the T68i is that the menu system isn't very
intuitive. IMO, Samsung phones are clearly the cream of the crop in this
category -- even if you've never used the phone before, you can sit down and
figure it out in a few minutes. The Sony phones, like some of the Nokias
I've used, just don't work how you'd expect them to. In fact, the T68i is
the first phone for which I've actually had to open the manual to figure out
how to do something ;)

That said, I've had my T68i since last October, and I love it. If you're a
Mac user, it's clearly the most compatible phone on the market, and with the
improved Bluetooth functionality in 10.2.4 and tools like Sony Ericsson
Clicker and Romeo, it's got some very cool functionality that can only be
found in the T39 and other T68s.