[BTM] Best Bluetooth Phone

KOZAK Imre Oliver ki023 at hszk.bme.hu
Sat Mar 15 08:52:54 PST 2003

Between the iBook and the T68, I think the Bluetooth connection is
still used for these three things in general, or the iBook offers these
three services when you pair it with a Bluetooth T68.

As for playing games via bluetooth, I don't have very good experiences.
Between two t68i with the same software model, we were not able to play
a two player game via bluetooth. We tried with pairing, without
pairing, near all options we found in the menus, but finally gave up...
did you had success for playing and/or transferring images via
bluetooth between phones?

That Merlin speed would be great, even beating ADSL... unfortunatly,
Vodafone Hungary only provides 4+1 for GPRS, even if your device
supports more, they say you are only allowed to use 4 channels for
download. But I haven't tried it. If Vodafone had such a service in
Hungary, I would run for it!

As for the Bluetooth speed, I can say it is very slow. I also sync my
Palm Tungsten T via Bluetooth, and it is painfully slow. In the
Bluetooth setup, the Tungsten offers 115000 bps for the maximum speed
over bluetooth, and it really feels like a plain RS232 when
transferring between the Tungsten and the iBook. On the USB cradle,
files and backup flashes between the TT and the iBook. I don't know
what the reason is for this slow speed, maybe in the Tungsten the
Bluetooth interface is related to the serial bus, or something. Anyway,
it is slow. On the iBook I use an Acer BT-150 Bluetooth dongle, made by
CSR (like the D-Link DBT-500).

The software version also influences the speed of GPRS (or Bluetooth
speed?). With the original T68m software I only got 1 kbyte/s at
maximum for download, now I took my phone to an Ericsson service point,
and they loaded in the latest T68i software. Now it gives 4,3 kbyte/s
for download. Either the GPRS, or the Bluetooth par of the software has
been upgraded. Also, the T68i software has access for a larger memory
area.

Imi