[BTM] Best Bluetooth Phone FOLLOW-UP

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Sat Mar 15 10:53:04 PST 2003

On 2003-03-14 20:27, Dan Frakes wrote:

> mindspring <jffdcksn1@ mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks KOZAK for the thorough summary; seems like the T68x is not nearly as
>> beloved as I'd suspected when I first posted my question.
>
> I think you're seeing a few comments from people who have a WIDE range of
> experience with a LOT of phones.

Hrmpf... To each their own, I guess. I tried a whole bunch of phones, and
like the T68i best.

> For me, the only "feature" limitation is the address book not storing mail
> addresses, but I can live with it.

Phone Book -> Options -> Contact info, then select the categories you want
shown in the Phone Book. For some reason, email is not shown by default. It
was on the T68m.

> My only major complaint with the T68i is that the menu system isn't very
> intuitive. IMO, Samsung phones are clearly the cream of the crop in this
> category -- even if you've never used the phone before, you can sit down and
> figure it out in a few minutes. The Sony phones, like some of the Nokias
> I've used, just don't work how you'd expect them to. In fact, the T68i is
> the first phone for which I've actually had to open the manual to figure out
> how to do something ;)

They're really Ericsson phones, not Sony... And Ericsson phones have had
convoluted menu structures for as long as I can remember. Indeed, the
Samsung A300 I had before the T68 was much better in this regard, but
Samsung phones lack interface options. The A300 at least had IrDA, but
they've removed that, too, in later models. No Bluetooth in sight on them,
either.

My other peeve with the T68i is that the interface is a tad slow, but I have
heard that a firmware upgrade (R2 -> R3) will cure that. I just haven't
gotten 'round to having it done (again).

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Real programmers always mix up Halloween
and Christmas, because Oct 31 == Dec 25