[BTM] Best Bluetooth Phone FOLLOW-UP

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sun Mar 16 14:47:52 PST 2003

On Sunday, March 16, 2003, at 02:29  PM, Dan Frakes wrote:

>> My other peeve with the T68i is that the interface is a tad slow, but
>> I have
>> heard that a firmware upgrade (R2 -> R3) will cure that. I just
>> haven't
>> gotten 'round to having it done (again).
>
> Where can you get this done? And is there a way to find out what
> firmware we
> currently have?

Enter >*<<*<* on your phone's keypad. The left and right angle brackets
indicate pushing the joystick to the left or right. This sequence will
open the phone's Service menu. Press 1,1 and you'll see the phone's
software version. I just got a replacement phone from AT&T, and the
version is R6A012. I don't know if that's the same as the firmware
version...further down that screen there's some verbiage with R2A
listed twice.

Press menu 3,2 from the Service menu and watch your LEDs light up like
a Christmas tree!

Many of the unlocking services can also flash upgrade the phone's
firmware. I got this done on a T68m by a guy in Pittsburgh last
September. Now it has T68i software. If you need an address, let me
know.

Mark