Sony PEG-UX50 & iSync

Gregory Gordon gjg at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 10:00:28 PST 2003

I have a PBook G4 running 10.2.8 w/ the bluetooth dongle.  I use iSync
for my t68i phone using bluetooth and wondered if anyone tried using
iSync for the new Sony PDA PEG-UX50.  I bought one and love it.  But
have not been able to get to work correctly w/ iSync.

I thought I needed to use Missing Sync from Mark/Space but they replied
to my email and it appeared that I could use iSync directly.  I have
paired the devices and even got it to sync Addressbook but not iCal.  I
am not using Palm desktop but am using HotSync Manager to set the
conduit, etc.  It is weird that part of the process worked
(Addressbook) and part didn't (iCal).  Now, I can't seem to have iSync
recognize the UX50 device any longer.

I have a few more days to decide if I am going to keep the UX50.  It is
an awesome (albeit expensive) unit but practically worthless if I can't
get it to sync.

TIA,
Gregg