[BTM] iSync, Address Book, Nokia 3650 & bluetooth

Greg list at wnsUnWired.com
Sun Nov 9 13:39:07 PST 2003

Bruce, Thanks for the reply.  I tried to get Jabra to replace it or update
it, they refused, only offering the option to return it to the store it was
purchased for a replacement.  No cingular in this area, I tried the local
AT&T store, no stock.  I still have the HDW-2 but unlike your experience,
can not keep it on very long without pain.  Just today it lost connection to
my handset without warning.  To re-connect I just have to push the main
button but is a bit of a problem if I don't look for the visual icon on the
phone indication it's connected.  The volume is also an issue for me but
maybe it's due to it not fitting my ear.  I've also heard these problems
from others and read reviews with the same problems (I reference the user
reviews at amazon.com).

Regarding the iSync problem:
I've discovered a lot in the last 24 hrs about the sync process and it seems
if a field has a few spaces before the text, iSync will not accept it from
the phone.  After going through a few hundred contacts on the phone, I found
the one causing the problem.  I had entered an address into the phone with a
few leading spaces before typing the "state".  This was the cause to the
problem.  If  you ever have problems syncing your phone, look for leading
"white spaces". Isync (well, maybe Address Book) apparently will not accept
them from an external source.  I've also discovered iSync and the phone work
but do not sync all the details (will not pickup address info unless you
specify "home address" or "work address" in the phone).  Looks like I will
be making changes to the way I inter info if I want it all to work together.

Greg

on 11/9/03 5:07 AM, Bluetooth-Mac at bluetooth-mac at lists.themacintoshguy.com