different dongles for BT?

vitoman at macunlimited.net vitoman at macunlimited.net
Fri Sep 5 12:56:55 PDT 2003

I have a Class 1 Belkin F8T001 plugged in to my G4 running 10.2.6 and
can pair quite happily with my Nokia 6310i.

Using v1.1.1 of PhoneManager - http://www.macmedia.sk/ - I can
download and upload all my telephone numbers on either the phone or
the card . I also have no problem in sending SMS messages from the G4.

I also have a generic (unbranded) Class 1 Bluetooth adaptor which I
use in an ADS USB Cardbus adaptor plugged into a WallStreet
PowerBook. With this I can communicate and exchange files with the
G4, and similarly, using PhoneManager, talk to the Nokia in the same
way as described above.

The Class 1 USB Blutooth adaptors have an extended range of up to
100m and configuration was simple and fast using the Bluetooth 1.2.1
update.