[BTM] T68i Mic Problem & T610 Question

garrett Lists-In at mxm.com
Fri Sep 5 18:00:23 PDT 2003

Sometime 'round 09/04/2003 12:08 PM, so and so (Michael C. Mendelsohn) at
such n such (mikey at mendelini.com) graced my inbox with this brilliant
thought:

> Two things!
>
> A) My T68i is working fine, but yesterday the microphone died; without
> warning or indication, it ceased to function, and there I was screaming at
> callers and they couldn't hear me. T-Mobile has told me that it may be a
> problem with a tower in my area, but my Jabra handsfree works fine in
> broadcasting. Has this happened to anyone else?

t-mobile will replace your t68i - call them

> 2) As the T68i - though pretty - has been the source of some frustration due
> to its slow interface, dropped calls, and now nonfunctioning microphone, I
> am considering the T610; one question that I had pertains to a problem that
> I brought up with the T68i several months ago in that the phone could not
> connect to two Bluetooth devices at the simultaneously (i.e. Connected to
> the caller ID function in the Mac OS X Address Book and the Jabra handsfree
> at the same time; this does not work with the T68i, as you have to turn off
> one to use the other). I am wondering if the T610 can do this because it is
> newer?
I am pretty sure that the new phone is still a 1 channel BT. check the links
below for more info... or maybe someone here knows...

and I replaced my SIM card and it solved all my dropped call problems - it
also has to do with your area as well - that's not an easy thing to
diagnose... goto some site like http://www.howardforums.com/ and see if you
can talk to others about your area. or try the wireless advisor forum of SE
phones.

http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/waforums/categories.cfm?catid=25&zb=8439329