[P1] Partitioning disk and installing two versions of an OS

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Dec 12 02:24:18 PST 2002

I have Street Atlas 6 running on OS 9.2.2, but I can't make it run in classic unnder OSX.  I found that the big problem is that when I connect my GPS to the iBook with my PalmConnect serial to usb adapter,  the newest version of the drivers for Palmconnect wouldn't work with the GPS.  I went back to the old drivers and low and behold things started to work again.

Sorry, maybe a little off topic, but I though this might be of some help.

al

--- You wrote:
or what its worth, I have 9.2.2 and 9.1 on my single partition icebook
700 along with 10.2. No problems installing or using either. I find 9.1
necessary for running DeLorme Street Atlas which never liked 9.2. There
are other apps with the same problem. Apple recognized this and made
both 9.1 and 9.2 classic-capable. I use a trim 9.1 for classic and keep
my fat old 9.2.2 around in case I have to boot into it, which hasn't
come up lately.
--- end of quote ---