[P1] Battery_Reset 2.0

JoninJapan at aol.com JoninJapan at aol.com
Thu Dec 12 14:57:24 PST 2002

Shravan Vasishth,
Since you have a new iBook the first place to start is with Apple you are
still under warranty. If I remember correctly Battery Reset is built in
to OS 9.2 and above as part of the System.

My old iBook exhibited the same icon... but the solution was a new
battery, but mine was 3 years old so it was expected. You shouldn't need
a new battery ... yet.

You might want to start with the following from Apple:
Resetting the Power Manager

iBook (16 VRAM), iBook (14.1 LCD 16 VRAM), iBook (14.1 LCD 32 VRAM),
iBook (32 VRAM), and iBook (Opaque 16 VRAM)

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
2. Reset the power manager by simultaneously pressing
Shift-Control-Option-power on the keyboard. Do not press the fn
(Function) key while using this combination of keystrokes.
3. Wait 5 seconds.
4. Press the power button to restart the iBook computer.
Note: Resetting the power manager also resets the date and time. After
the reset, the system clock is set to 12:00 A.M., 01/01/1904.

Jon