[P1] iBook Bad RAM?

patrick fisher patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net
Thu Dec 12 14:57:50 PST 2002

I thought this list was for free support? We get support and we give support. Then
contact Apple last.

Usually, it is not best to deal with a corporation (one exception, in my case, was
Toyota: they were great).

Apple's gotta make money. MS charges its Windows developers $300 a call. I was at an
MS support center in Bellevue, WA one time and a very intelligent and very
experienced Windows developer called tech support and said he was having trouble
installing Access on XP. His credit card was taken, he was billed $300, then told
that XP acts a bit funky when you install Access, and he was sent data on how to
correct the problem.

When I heard several calls like that, I was like, "Wow, they have a real racket
going on here!"

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple often gets calls that last over an hour or two. And
that tech person is maybe making maybe $15-20 an hour, then add in the other
employee costs, like payroll taxes, social security, medical, and all that other
good stuff. Throw in Apple's cut, and it adds up.