[P1] Freeing drive space on iBook

lvt at mac.com lvt at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 09:31:26 PST 2002

> thanks, I think I will be buying one tomorrow after this confirmation! (20
> GB) to free up 7 GB on iBook and do exactly what you mention above, it will
> be great to also use it to have a startup disk with Norton items for
> defragmentation/virus control of the iBooks disk and do repairs on the road
> if need be while having all of my contacts and music with me...BTW, in the
> meantime I found the following links that may be of use for you as well...
> Richard

There is also ipodhacks.com, but the two you listed seem to update faster.
I got the case & car plug from xtrememac.com - good company, one of the
plastic things was missing and they sent me a new one no question.  The cord
coils which is great for storage and use.  Since my cargo van (aka dog
kennel on wheels) has only a plain radio I use an old fm transmitter to pump
the ipod sound through an unused station.  This one plays on any station,
not the limited 4 stations on the ones sold now.  It is sometimes hard to
get a clear station in the city and there is some engine feedback and a
whine when the ipod is charging - BUT - it is worth it not having to listen
to commercials and songs I don't like.  I plan to either get an fm modulator
or a new radio with miniplug input this spring.

Linda
SE Miichigan

Ps - imho - dump Norton and get Disk Warrior!  I bought it when it first
came out - arrived on a floppy disk and it has saved more mac problems than
I can count.