[P1] To iBook or not to iBook

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Mon Dec 16 17:19:25 PST 2002

Matt,

I think the real dynamic that you haven't realized is the beauty of wireless
computing. After buying one iBook two years ago with airport, I became very
jealous of my wife as she wandered around the house computing from the
couch, breakfast table, bed, and of course in her home office. Shortly after
that I sold all my towers (2) and bought an iBook for me. Now I'm very
reluctant to even consider another desktop/tower despite the obvious
performance to dollar ratio.

Wireless, laptop computing changes the entire dynamic. No longer are you off
in the bedroom or office by yourself introverting. Now you can sit with your
daughter on the couch while she watches veggie tales and surf the net or
respond to emails. Instead of the morning paper with your toast you can read
the latest digital news.

If you don't plan on buying wireless capability - return the iBook.

I personally think you should return the tower and iBook and buy a G4
PowerBook with a wireless setup!

The not very opinionated on this topic.

Dan