Re Apple switcher ads & fakery, etc.

B.J. Major bjbear71 at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 16 18:20:19 PST 2002

>According to everything I've read, the Apple Switchers actually are real
>people.

Then you haven't read all there is to know on the subject.  I don't like
the inference (indirect or otherwise) that I don't know what I'm talking
about here, so as much as I detest doing other people's research for
them, here is the URL where you can read the story for yourself on how
the Apple Switchers are NOT real persons:

http://www.insanely-great.com/news.php?id=1289

>In fact, the biggest story I've read on the subject concerns
>Microsoft doing their own Switcher ad in response, only to have it revealed
>and widely reported (I saw it in David Pogue's article in the NY Times) that
>the one ad they did was a fake!

Insanely Great Mac also did a story on this, much earlier than the one on
Apple.  And as much as I take pride in Apple, I'm very dissapointed that
at least in this one instance, they've copied the fakery of Microsoft...

As for the allegations brought up by others that all advertising is an
outright lie, I very much disagree.  After all, the original "1984"
Macintosh ad was right on target, wouldn't you say??!!!

--bj
http://www.bjbear71.com/