[P1] Re Apple switcher ads & fakery, etc.

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Tue Dec 17 05:44:41 PST 2002

Don't take it personally. Just because people disagree with you doesn't
mean they think you are lying or that you don't know what you are
talking about. They just think you are mistaken. Being mistaken is a
common human condition which I often suffer from, and probably you, too.

With that said, The article is talking about Ellen Fleis ad which never
(AFAIK) ran on TV. This is very important. I also don't think the son
of the director's ad has run on TV either, even though he was shot at
the same session for basically the same reasons.

Also, I don't think Apple has said that all the ads in the Switcher
campaign are of people who switched, per se. Many are of such people,
of course. But, some are of people who have used Macs for years. The
Switcher ads, therefore, are not so much ads of people who switched,
but ads designed to show people that switching is viable.

Paul