[P1] Evil ethernet

david davidwb at spymac.com
Tue Dec 17 12:49:05 PST 2002

On 12/17/02 3:18 PM, "ShardAerithes at aol.com" <ShardAerithes at aol.com> wrote:

> When I am on my home network with my ibook I get disconnected from the
> internet and lose my IP address, and then I have to press down on the RJ-45
> connector end thingy to get an IP again. Then I have to reconnect to all my
> services/itunes radio station and try again, only to be disconnected again.
> All I can think of is that the port has been disconnected from the motherboard
> and needs to be soldered back on. Any suggestions?

Before thinking it is the computer, try a different patch cord. In cheap
patch cords the prongs in the male connector cab corrode and become
flattened thereby making the connection less stable.

david

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by frost.

davidwb at spymac.com