[P1] Evil ethernet

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Tue Dec 17 13:01:05 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/17/2002 3:18:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, ShardAerithes writes:

> All I can think of is that the port has been disconnected from the motherboard and needs to be soldered back on. Any
> suggestions?
Speaking from experience here, one way to see if it's the jack coming loose...sign online  then reach down and gently jiggle the connector.  If you lose the connection, the part needs to be reseated.   I found that if you sit REALLY still   you won't drop the connection (until you move.)
    When I tried to repair the part, I ended up tearing the flat ribbon cable the connects the touchpad  to the main board. If you try and repair this yourself, be careful of that item. [Mine is a rev A clamshell model; newer models may not be so hard to work on.]
     I ended up using www.WegenerMedia.com  to repair the modem jack and the torn cable.  They were quick and very good.
     Paula(should never be left alone with tools)Rutledge