Apple switcher ads & fakery, etc.

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 02:07:50 PST 2002

> From: Paul Bernhardt <pbern10 at xmission.com>
>
> Don't take it personally. Just because people disagree with you doesn't
> mean they think you are lying or that you don't know what you are
> talking about. They just think you are mistaken. Being mistaken is a
> common human condition which I often suffer from, and probably you,
> too.

You make an excellent point, Paul.

Nobody is saying BJ is lying. I'm saying IGM are lying, but BJ has no
association with them that I know of other than just reporting that
they ran an article. Besides, even if I think he's mistaken in his
conclusions (which I do), how is even THAT his fault when he's being
fed false information by IGM?

> With that said, The article is talking about Ellen Fleis ad which never
> (AFAIK) ran on TV.

I've seen it on television, so yes it has run on TV. Usually late at
night ... can't imagine why ... ;)

> Also, I don't think Apple has said that all the ads in the Switcher
> campaign are of people who switched, per se. Many are of such people,
> of course. But, some are of people who have used Macs for years. The
> Switcher ads, therefore, are not so much ads of people who switched,
> but ads designed to show people that switching is viable.

1. All the stories in the ads are a) true and b) phrased in the
person's own words (no script).

2. Not all the stories directly related to switching from PC to Mac.
Hamilton Morris never mentions a computer at all, he just talks about
the iPod. Janie Porche never mentions having owned a PC, just that her
Mac kicks her dad's lame PC all over the map. And De La Soul ... er,
what ARE they talking about?? :)

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**