[P1] In search of iBook icons ...

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 27 16:00:47 PST 2002

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 06:33  PM, Donald Keenan wrote:

> I downloaded icons of the Ruby iMac from a site I found on Google
> doing an image search.
> Now a file containing 6 icon views of the Ruby is sitting on my
> desktop.
> What does one do with them? Assign them to certain applications?
> Replace the OS's icons with them?
> I've never done this before.

There are various ways to do this but the easiest is to select the icon
you wish to use. Type Command+I to open the get info window. Click on
the icon in that window and type Command+C to copy it. Select the icon
of the object you want to become this icon, a folder, drive, etc. Do
the same Command+I and click on the icon and this time type Command+V
to paste the new icon over the old one. Then close the window.

There are other methods and even applications that do it for you.

---
Did anyone notice that the Turkey pardoned by the President was one of
those mutant turkeys bred to have large breasts and therefore cannot
walk?
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com