[P1] Another Question

MRH macmike at famvid.com
Sun Apr 27 07:06:36 PDT 2003

> From: Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com>
> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 05:39:02 -0400
> To: "iBook List" <ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: Re: [P1] Another Question
>
>> What I thought about is buying a Pioneer DVD player that is compatible
>> with
>> the above mentioned formats.
>>
> Macs can only produce DVD-R/RW discs. This is a deliberate limitation
> to ensure maximum compatibility.

What I have seen is an, external that is works outside the imac not inside
of it, Firewire DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW and some other formats plus
CD-RW drive. That is what I thought about using.

Mike

>> no, no. I have an imac 400 MHz slot loaded dv model with a 30 gig HD
>> and 256
>> meg of memory.
>>>
> You're not going to be authoring DVDs then. You *must* have a G4 to
> make DVDs.

Why, before I heard I must have a G3 next it will be you must have a G16
when there is one of them.