Another Question

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Apr 28 02:34:31 PDT 2003

> From: Small Moose Ltd <small_moose_ltd at mac.com>
>
> On 27/4/03 10:39 am, "Charles Martin" <chasm at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> You're not going to be authoring DVDs then. You *must* have a G4 to
>> make DVDs.
>
> Charles, I heard recently that this is not the case. A Japanese
> company have
> been producing external DVD writing drives that are compatible with G3
> machines. I don't recall it saying how long it would take a G3 machine
> write such a disc, but it is possible.

Thanks for the info, but I'll believe it when I see it. Trying to write
a DVD on a G3 would be like trying to play an MP3 on a 68K machine:
technically might be possible, but in practical terms it's not feasible.

_Chas_

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows is like saying that all other restaurants are inferior to
McDonald's.