[P1] Faulty ram slot

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 2 10:00:28 PDT 2003

On Saturday, August 2, 2003, at 10:46  AM, Translation wrote:

> I bought used this 500mhz ibook. Everything works fine. I tried to
> upgrade
> the ram with 4 different ram sticks. 1 128 one from a wallstreet, a
> 256 from
> a Pismo, a 256 from a TiBook, and today, and original apple 256 ram
> stick
> pull from a 14 inches iBook. None of them work. I go to get info and
> system
> profile and only shows the default 128, the slot as empty. At first I
> thought the ram was not the appropriate, but after today I think that
> the
> slot is the faulty one. Has anybody heard anything like this before? I
> read
> all the posts here and no explanation so far. can a faulty ram slot be
> fixed/replaced without paying apple 350 for a logic board swap?

Can you return it as defectie?

Before you spend money on a repair, consider that if you a) got your
money back b)sold it noting it has a problem you might add the repair
costs to the money from the sale/return and get a new iBook for the
same amount.

---
10,000 trees may soon die in South Florida...

<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>