External hard Drive

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 13:15:53 PDT 2003

After years of backing up to CD's, I'm tired of the "drag 'em off the shelf,
erase 'em (I use CD-RW's), gather all the stuff I want to update (using
Backup), then sit there reburning 7 CD's of data and 1 or 2 from iPhoto.

I guess it's time to break down and buy an external hard drive. Someone I
respect suggested a 120 gig model from Transinternational. She's been using
it about a month, likes it a lot and pointed me here:

http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?Category=405&CFID=758110&CFTOKEN
=91612470&RequestTimeOut=500

It'll run me between $185 and $199 according to the site.

So I have two questions:

First, anybody got a better suggestion?

And second, according to the site, I have to decide whether I want a 2 MB
cache or an 8 MB cache (for an extra $10-15). I'm not sure what that means
(he said with embarassment) but I assume it has something to do with speed?

I use a 600 running 10.2.6.

TIA
Brian