[P1] damn windows player!

Kim Gammelg å rd kgani at mac.com
Mon Aug 4 13:35:10 PDT 2003

QuickTime 6 supports MPEG-4 (Not M4, isn't that a car?), so if you already
have Quicktime 6.3, which is the latest that is not what is missing.

MPEG-2 is AFAIK the codec used for DV-video which has a different licensing
scheme and therefore costs Apple money to give away, hence the $19.99.

If the .asf-files need a connection, then it might just be right, just like
RealPlayers .rm or .ram-files. How large are the files? If they are small,
like less than 100 K, then that is surely the case that they just are
downloaded to enable a connection with the server. If they are larger you
should be able to open one of them in QuickTime Player, and even though you
may not be able to watch it, you may be able to get info on it to see what
kind of codec it is using.

Cheers,

Kim