[P1] OT: Anonymous FTP?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Aug 6 08:36:21 PDT 2003

If they'll be doing browser connects, why not just have it be
an ordinary web page with an index list of what's available to
download?  You could have a login that way, too, or just leave
it open to anyone who knows the url.  This approach is common.
Check the HTML "no index" and "no follow" tags if you want to
*try* to keep it off search site lists.

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Signhelpers wrote:

> This would be a universal site. The idea is to have a place where we
> can put .pdfs that readers can download to read. Also, we want way to
> transfer large photo files without running into email attachment size
> limits.
>
> We use Interarchy and it works very well, but I'd like readers to be
> able to access the pdfs via IE or whatever browser they use.
 . . .