[P1] load OS X?

Seilnacht, Bill (OTS-WSP) bill_seilnacht at output.net
Thu Aug 7 13:28:22 PDT 2003

It really shouldn't be an issue. Make sure you are up to date with your
ibook's firmware first. I seem to remember there was issue's of ibook's
crashing and burning with out the proper firmware, but I can't find it in
the Apple tech files. Other than that, make sure you have at least 256MB of
RAM, actually the more the better. I run 640 MB on my ibook and OS X, it
runs rather nicely. Do your self a favor and trim down OS X's install by
removing some stuff you won't need. Under Customize in the installation,
uncheck Localized Files, Additional Asian Font, Fonts for additional
Languages. Also, under Additional print drivers only install the one for
your printer. If yours isn't list, uncheck that box all together. I choose
to uncheck my printer due to there being a newer version available for
download. You can also uncheck the BSD Subsystem if you are not installing
the developer tools. I hope this helps.