[P1] iBook 700MHZ logic board

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Thu Aug 7 13:54:22 PDT 2003

> My question is, what options do I have?  Should I sell it for parts?
> Should I look for a replacement logicboard myself?  Where are good
> places to order replacement logic boards?

  suggestions
1. check with macresq.com about the repair cost. They have a 24 hour
turnaround repair time for 'books. they could give you an estimate and
a reccommendation

2. check with smalldog.com for repair vs sell for parts
recommendationa. They also sell refurbs, maybe you could work out some
kind of swap deal that would be cheaper than out right purchase if
selling for parts is the only option

3. if your problem is the backlight in the display burned out, smalldog
will sell the part for apx $20 and you can find links to the directions
for replacing it in the ibook list archives.  Earlier this year in the
Mar -April time frame I think it was a couple of people on this list
ran into the backlight failure after the warranty had expired and they
replaced the failed parts themselves.