[P1] iBook and PCMCIA Cards

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Thu Aug 7 18:20:51 PDT 2003

The internal airport slot is definitely not compatible with pcmcia
cards. It is a proprietary connector and only works with the Airport
card.

As far as your campus selecting 802.11a, I think that's bizarre, given
that everyone else in the world has decided that compatibility is a
good idea - and 802.11b and g are compatible, so a wider range of
things would work with it, but I digress.

The only solution for you is going to be an external 802.11a wireless
solution from someone like Linksys or similar. They make USB and wired
ethernet devices that connect to wireless networks.

Joe