[P1] iBook and PCMCIA Cards

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 8 14:44:02 PDT 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 02:13  PM, NIKON'S WORLD wrote:

> The 802.11g standard is not compatible with 802.11a. With an iBook
> there is no possible way for you to access this network wirelessly.
> The only mac laptops that will work on this network are the G3
> powerbooks, and the 15 and 17 inch G4 powerbooks.

g is compatible with a and b.

Your ibook not being able to use a g card does not change the
compatibility of g which is/was as yet not finalized. Apple's extreme
is not the standard and should there become a standard Apple may have
to make some changes.

And yes, the only Apple laptops that are designed to use extreme are
the new 15" and the 17"

---
I just happened to remember that I have a problem remembering things
and I am a procrastinator. So I decided to create an automated system
to remind and force me to follow up. I'll probably start on it tomorrow.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net