funnin with X

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Aug 13 00:23:04 PDT 2003

> From: don hinkle <donhinkle at att.net>
>
> However, I look forward to the day when I can work wholly in X.
> At what point can I start deleting the apps that are Classic/OS 9 only
> when I have their dupes in X? I'll ask that later when I have
> specifics.

When you notice that you can do the work wholly in OS X (like iMovie &
iTunes) without even having to THINK of OS 9.

> But more important, will there come a point when I can trash the OS 9
> System Folder and just work in Classic, wihtout having to boot into 9?

Classic *uses* that System Folder, so the answer is no.

_Chas_

"Though Apple continues to insist that its Power Mac systems are
desktops, their features and performance outstrip those of any
mainstream PC desktop. In comparison with dual-processor PC
workstations, Apple can claim both performance and price leadership."
-- Microprocessor Watch