[P1] Retrospect Express vs. Backup

Emma Gilbride macemma at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 18 23:16:33 PDT 2003

I bought a 80Gg external firewire drive to do complete backups this
weekend. Backup will not backup to a hard drive -- it will only use
CD's or the iDisk. So I downloaded Carbon Copy Cloner. First CCC froze
right out of the gate. Then CCC got hung up on my desktop files. So I
moved them all to various folders on the HD. Finally it succeeded
creating a copy of my 20G HD. It only took 2 1/2 hours. Well I guess
this is better than the 7 1/2 hours it would take to back up to CD's.

Now I have a question. How do I make a secure backup? After all, an
external HD is even easier to steal than a computer.

Emma Gilbride