cd r&w for clamshell ibook

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Tue Aug 19 00:33:02 PDT 2003

> Does anyone know if the internal cd rom drive on a blueberry clamshell
> can
> be swapped out with a cd r&w drive (burner) and if so where I can
> purchase
> one? I have done some research at xlr8yourmac and owc and apple but
> could
> only find external drives.

http://www.wegenermedia.com/ibookcdrwhome.htm
This is the only company that specifically states it will do a cdrw in
a clamshell ibook. They also show pictures of the slight cosmetic
defect that occurs because of a minor size problem.

I think I saw MCE offer this service also but a quick check of the site
didn't find it for the clams only the dual ibooks. Here is the url if
you want to explore more fully than I did.
http://store.powerbook1.com/index.html