[P1] palm won't connect

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 19 18:57:17 PDT 2003

Brian,
> I'm puzzled. How does a "conduit" for entourage help you sync your
> Palm? It opens up the USB port, or wot?
> -don

I was afraid I'd get put on the spot here, but to the best of my (limited)
knowledge, here goes.

As I said, when I first moved to OSX, I switched to Entourage X and couldn't
sync. There was a long thread on this list about other people having the
same problem. But then Microsoft posted a conduit we could use, so to make
it work, I had to install the latest version of Palm Desktop on my iBook,
even though I no longer use it, then download and install the conduit, and
suddenly everything synced just fine. The only reason I suggested it to you
is that in order to begin syncing again I had to load Palm Desktop and the
new conduit, so there's at least some kind of tenuous connection between
syncing a Palm in OSX and having that conduit. I'm guessing that if you
download it, it probably couldn't hurt to try. But hopefully, someone on
this list who's much more knowledgeable than me can jump in and help.