[P1] palm won't connect

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:22:52 PDT 2003

Uh, I bought a Palm m500 several months ago which I haven't
had time to use so can't report personal experience.  But the
manual clearly says the USB HotSync cradle works with Mac.
Is this thread about something different?  I think I recall
the Palm web site, or like Office Max, selling non-cradle
USB-Palm sys cords, too.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Brian Olesky wrote:

> Most of us who've been using Palms for several years have long accepted the
> fact that their USB sync cradles only work with PC's, and the only way we
> can use them is to get their non-USB cradles and add a serial to USB
> adapter.
>
> It was true 5 years ago, it's true today. I just bought a $600 phone from
> Sprint, with a built-in Palm, and I had to spend $50 more to get a serial
> cable designed for one of their old discontinued models to be able to sync
> it with my iBook.
 . . .