[P1] palm won't connect

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Aug 20 11:25:42 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 11:22  AM, Tom R. no spam wrote:

> Uh, I bought a Palm m500 several months ago which I haven't
> had time to use so can't report personal experience.  But the
> manual clearly says the USB HotSync cradle works with Mac.
> Is this thread about something different?  I think I recall
> the Palm web site, or like Office Max, selling non-cradle
> USB-Palm sys cords, too.

I've had a Palm m130 for nearly a year now. I've been synching it to my
office G4, my home G4 and my iBook via the USB cradle with few
problems. I use iSynch and iCal, even though the Palm Desktop software
is just as good, if not better. The only problem I had was when I
updated iSynch not long ago, it lost all my addresses. The calendar and
other stuff were ok. The Palm Desktop software works in either OS-X or
OS-9. Can't speak with experience about phones with Palms in them.

Charles Pearce (charlesp at ksu.edu)